Good aftercare can prevent likely complications and also optimizes the outcomes. So, you are advised to follow the instructions carefully
DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Avoid touching the recipient area ( the grafted area )
- Keep the transplanted hair grafts moist with saline sprays or drops frequently (for ever 2 to 3 hours)
- Keep a neck pillow or soft pillow with some sheet.
- Antibiotic analgesics, and normal diet, hydration
Day 1 and Day 2
Follow the same instructions of Day 0
- Advised to visit the clinic for the donor dressing change
- Usually it takes 72 hrs after surgery for epithelisation(healing) and raw areas will be healed by this time.
- The donor site will be kept open
- Apply antibiotic ointment over the donor area
- You may notice swelling around the eyes don’t get panic it’s a natural part of the response Advised massages for the face above the eyebrows towards the ear to the neck and below the root of the nose to the ear and below the neck to aid the lymphatic drainage which helps in relieving edema
- Apply coconut oil to the donor area and massage above downwards
- Can wear a regular cap
- Gentle wash your recipient area with lukewarm water without touching the grafts
- Coconut oil application should be continued to the donor area
- Gentle cleansing of the recipient area with Exult shampoo with the pulp of the finger in a circular motion to remove the scabs.
- Don’t try to pick the scabs with nails
- By day 11 the scalp will be free of any scabs
- Gentle massages with coconut oil over the scalp and regular shampoo are advised.
- The transplanted hair may fall off from 2 weeks to 2 months post HT it is the natural shedding phase
- Hair will start growing from the second month and to seed the best result you have to wait for the 6th to 10th
- Folliculitis (small pustules/pimples) either in the recipient area or donor area (due to intra-dermal epithelial elements) Antibiotic ointment MUPI AND Fucilite cream
- Altered sensation or hyperesthesia (numbness or pain on touching in certain areas in donor area usually resolves in 2 weeks to 2 months
- Start minoxidil solution 1ml morning and 1 ml night
- Hair vitamins (HAIR FACT M1 to M5/ F1 – F5), Vit D, biotin 10mg